Sunday, August 27, 2006

NAMASTE

The next public outing of the Folk takes place on Saturday 9th September at Pop Theory, Cafe Royal Edinburgh. Also playing are the excellent Lucky Luke .
LJR and the Gadgee, with the help of Verity from Delta Mainline have been moving the recordings forward - enhanced versions of The Fable and People Steal Things available on myspace.

Over twenty years ago I was a completist for the first and only time in my life with regards the vinyl output of The Fun Boy Three. Their last single, a version of the Go Gos single Our Lips are Sealed that Terry Hall had co written with Jane Weidlin a couple of years before offered a remix on the B side. At the time I found this to be a rip off. Not really getting the point of making tunes a bit more dance friendly, and not speaking a word of Urdu, I assumed they were taking the piss. I listened to it a couple of times and that was it.
Upon chancing upon it a few days ago (some person who I am grateful to, has just stuck the Urdu remix over the original video on Youtube) I now realise that they were ahead of their time in some small way. What I didn't appreciate then, I do now. It sounds quite fresh really. So much so, that upon my return to the UK I will be digging out the extended 12 inch remix...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home