Thursday, December 22, 2005

Start of our holidays

Yep, like the Teuchter says. The last spurt of recording before Christmas, and probably the last of 2005. Marc's new song - The Fable - sounds so good just with banjo, vocals and Bobby's Sunday afternoon drumming that I'm scared to put down even a rough bass track. On 'Keep it Simple', Bobby's execution of my Shand-punk concept exceeds what I'd imagined.

I don't often make predictions, but I predict a good year for The Folk next year. I think The Gadgee is writing his best songs to date, and long may that trend continue. Bobby is branching out onto other instruments (he plays the guitar and sings as well as drumming on 'Keep it Simple'), and I look forward to hearing him on mandolin and whatever else he decides to pick up. I'm slowly getting to grips with pressing record at the right time, and I've never had so much fun playing and making music. You might even hear a song or two written by me, although I'll probably always think of myself as co-conspirator more than author.

To all our readers, wherever you are, thanks for reading, and we hope you come back next year to follow our humble musical journey to an unknown destination.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Gadgee said...

Aye!!!! The start of the good year has begun - on the telly. Watched 'Teenage Tourettes Camp' about five Brit kids going to a camp for Tourettes sufferers in America. On a day trip out in public one of the group shouted out...."Twin Towers!!!". Nice. The year so far had been f*cking awful up to that point.

20:02  
Blogger Teuchter said...

Tourettes

Ya fu
Ya fu
Ya fuck
Ya cu
Ya cu
BASTARD !

21:14  
Blogger The Gadgee said...

C*nt!! Oh, b*astard, sorry, f*ck!!

11:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home